CLOSE HOUSE ANNOUNCES BRITISH MASTERS ENTRY LIST
Tour professional Lee Westwood will host the legendary event in Newcastle upon Tyne
In its most recent Newsletter WLG member and tournament host Close House announced the current entry list for the British Masters supported by Sky Sports. The venue is home to the world's only two Lee Westwood golf courses and more than ready to receive ist guests.
After the huge success at The Grove in 2016, the British Masters supported by Sky Sports of this year will be held at Close House and hosted by Lee Westwood, the venue’s attached tour professional. The former World Number 1 golfer has helped the team at Close House to improve the features of the Scott Macpherson designed Colt golf course named after English Golf Architect Harry Colt. After adding new tees and bunkers according to Westwoods recommendations, the European Tour venue has reopened in 2011 and is now expecting the arrival of last year’s winner, Alex Noren and many other high-ranking professionals.
Some of the star names in the field include:
- Tournament host Lee Westwood and reigning US Masters champion Sergio Garcia.
- 2016 Masters winner Danny Willett and two-time champion José María Olazábal.
- Crowd favourites Andrew ‘Beef’ Johnston and Miguel Ángel Jiménez.
- Current Race to Dubai leader Tommy Fleetwood, along with leading English players Andy Sullivan, Chris Wood and Tyrrell Hatton.
- Former US Open champion Graham McDowell and two-time Major winner Martin Kaymer.
- Previous British Masters winners Alex Noren, Matt Fitzpatrick and Johan Edfors.
- Local favourites Chris Paisley, Graeme Storm and our very own Jonathan Lupton.
The 2017 event will be held between the 28th of September and the 1st of October.
Go to the Close House website for more information and tickets